Register to receive details about the application form procedure and much more.
Pay and Benefits
Ready To Join the Talent System?
P benefit plans are created to ensure the health, satisfaction, and peace of mind for each and every member of our team us serve our mission as they contribute their knowledge and skills to helping.
Agents are competitively rewarded because of their time on the job. In addition to base pay, agents are qualified to receive locality pay, overtime pay, and more.
- Salary a salary is received by you that corresponds to your grade degree. This salary may be the number quoted on USAJOBS.
- Week Overtime Pay Earn up to 25% of your salary and locality pay for time worked outside the 40 hour work.
- Locality Pay you could receive pay on top of your income, depending on what county you work within. Navigate the various locality pay tables.
Other sources of compensation
- Premium Pay perhaps you are qualified to premium buy working on Sundays, holidays and night shifts.
- Money Awards Outstanding performers may get cash honors as recognition due to their superior efforts (funding permitting).
- Begin as a BPA in 2021 as a GL-7 and make $49,508 — $78,269 per year june
- Be promoted in 2022 to GL-9 and make $55,214 — $89,054 per year june
- Be promoted in June 2023 to GS-11 and also make $64,649 — $105,061 per year
- Be promoted in 2024 to GS-12 and make $77,488 — $125,924 per year june
Desire to discover just what grade level you’d enter at? Review the grade level qualifications on our application guide
Paid Time Off
P provides leave that is substantial and unique training possibilities to reward and reinvest in its employees. Below is just a summary of paid time off mature dating online Australia from the task
13 to 26 times of yearly leave accrued each year (variation predicated on several years of Federal service)
10 Federal vacations per year
15 days of military reserve leave
13 times of sick leave accrued per year
Opportunities for compensated training
Additional keep Information The maximum amount of yearly leave that you may carry over to the following year is thirty days. There is absolutely no restriction towards the amount of sick leave you may accrue. For detailed leave accrual information, visit the Advantages webpage.
Disabled Veteran Leave (Wounded Warriors Federal Leave Act of 2015)
Beneath the Wounded Warriors Federal Leave Act of 2015 (Public Law 114-75, November 5, 2015), a worker hired on or after November 5, 2016, who’s a veteran with a service-connected disability score of 30 % or more from the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) of the Department of Veterans Affairs is eligible to up to 104 hours of disabled veteran leave for the purposes of undergoing hospital treatment for such disability.
An employee that is eligible have the appropriate level of disabled veteran leave as of the employeeвЂ™s вЂњfirst day of employment,вЂќ as defined below. Disabled veteran leave is really a one-time benefit offered to an employee that is eligible. The worker could have a single, constant 12-month eligibility period, beginning on the вЂњfirst day of employmentвЂќ by which to make use of the leave or it will be forfeited without any possibility to carry the leave over into subsequent years. A worker might not be given a payment that is lump-sum any unused or forfeited leave under any scenario.
For complete factual statements about the brand new Disabled Veteran Leave entitlement, start to see the Disabled Veteran Leave Fact Sheet on OPMвЂ™s site.
Becoming an agent at P sets you up for long-lasting profession success and rapid promotion possible. Border Patrol Agent is a profession ladder position with a grade degree progression of GL-7, GL-9, GS-11, and GS-12. Border Patrol Agents qualify for the non-competitive advertising to the next higher grade degree (without re-applying) when you successfully complete 12 months in each grade level, with manager approval.
During the level that is GS-13 past, you compete for jobs and so are promoted according to merit. Each movement in the career ladder brings a significant pay b st.
Staff health is regarding the importance that is utmost P. Agents meet the criteria to select from a number of premium federal medical insurance programs. Programs available include
Note as you did as an employee that you may be eligible to keep your health insurance in retirement and pay the same subsidized premium. Learn more about the continued health insurance benefits for you personally along with your household in retirement.
Term Life Insurance
A keystone of economic planning is ensuring that family and family members are cared for financially, even after your death. P offers several federal life insurance coverage programs to assist you reach finally your financial preparation goals. Federal lifetime Insurance Programs available to agents include
Employees that retire from P can count on the Federal Employees pension System (FERS) to enjoy life after working. FERS includes the next three channels of earnings
- Thrift Savings Plan just like a 401(k) plan, the Thrift Savings Arrange (TSP) is a defined contribution plan designed to give federal employees exactly the same retirement savings related advantages that employees in the personal sector enjoy with 401(k) plans. Efforts towards the plan are automatically deducted from each paycheck, the total amount that will be opted for by employees, and it is transferable in the event that you change companies. a additional benefit to the TSP is manager matching contributions; as much as 5% of your base salary. Learn more about the Thrift Savings Arrange.
- FERS fundamental Annuity under special provisions Border Patrol Agents that serve in authorities with at the very least twenty years of police force service qualify for the ample FERS annuity that is basic. This assured lifetime pension, paid to retirees is really a portion of your greatest typical basic pay you earned during any 3 consecutive several years of solution. Find out more about FERS annuity that is basic.
- Social Security You will get social security your retirement payments, the benefits of that are transferable whenever you change employers. Learn more about personal Security your retirement benefits.
Law Enforcement 6(c) Retirement Coverage Being in a frontline place at P qualifies you for 6(c) retirement protection. What does which means that? 6(c) retirement coverage means you can retire at any age after 25 years of service or at age 50 with at the very least 20 years of solution. 6(c) eligibility is a element for determining your FERS fundamental annuity.